Brovarney Baits - Product Review

TransAm

So why would anyone want to swim a jig when you could just as easily use a spinnerbait or crankbait or even a swimbait? The short answer to that question is, "It works." Bass will strike a swimming jig, and sometimes they prefer it to those other lures.
For example, the swim jig is more subtle than a spinnerbait or crankbait. It's not whirring, spinning, rattling or shimmying as it goes through the water. This not only makes it different from a spinnerbait or crankbait, it also makes it a great choice on heavily pressured waters that see a lot of blades and cranks.

Remember a few years back when everyone decided to use square-billed crankbaits in the places they had traditionally fished spinnerbaits? Well, now a lot of bass have seen the crankbaits. It's time for something different. Swim jigs are that something different.
But what about swimbaits? Why not throw them instead? Well, for one you can put a weedless jig in places that you just can't work a big, hard swimbait with treble hooks. And soft plastic swimbaits have big tails that kick up lots of fuss. If the bass want something subtler, a swim jig might be the answer.

That's where Brovarney Baits come in.So far my favorite is the 1/4 Oz Sissy Shad swim jig.This thing is unhangable.Have you ever seen a big tree top layed in the water right under the surface and said "I wish I could swim something through there".Now you can.You can throw this thing right up in the middle of stuff the you would hang a worm in without hanging up.I have been throwing the 1/4 Oz Sissy Shad on top of the Moss on top of my pond and dragging it from hole to hole and letting it fall.If an only if you get some moss on the bait just give it a quick snatck and the moss will clean right off.

The 1/4 Oz. is great for slow rollin on a spawning flat.The 3/8Oz is great for slow rolling the deeper pockets.I have not tried the 7/8 Oz yet,but it will be the ticket for swimming down those steep drop offs.
The only negative thing I have to say is that the hold the trailer too good.If you want to change trailer color or you get a short strike it will tear the trailer to the point you either have to cut the nose off or replace with a new on.

I'm telling ya,you need to go to their website and get some ordered before the news gets out or you may not be getting them for a while.The are that good.http://www.brovarneybaits.com/

Last edited by a moderator: