Everglades Holiday Park 04-31-2012

Revenant

Active Fisherman
After a long hiatus I was back on the water...and surrounded by 50 tournament boats all pitching and flipping on Alligator Alley.

Got a bit of a late start for some casual fishing. I didn't realize that there would be a tournament going on. Started at four corners as is tradition, but found nothing. Moved up north a bit but still couldn't get a hit. Finally went to the Alley and was surrounded by tournament boats not catching anything. most where pitching into the pads.

I stopped for a bit and tried to hunt down some signs of life. I spotted some baitfish and herons near the U-cuts on the alley. Most guys were just bypassing it. I tied on a Texas rigged lizard and dragged it through the cuts and picked up two nice Bass. Couple of the tournament guys looked jealous as we laughed and tossed the fish back in the water. We decided to leave the area and just cruise around for a bit.

Overall, with the water lowering, the fishing is starting to pick up. 100 fish days will soon be upon us. :cheers: