Guntersville, Not so Fishing Report!

JBozeman

Fisherman
Boat
1998 HydraSports Z270
Based on things I am seeing and reading concerning Guntersville, the discription is that destruction is wide spread and the thing folks are saying consistently is "I have never seen anything like this!" Some "on site" reports have noted that there is damage in the area of AlReds Marina with the Marina itself taking a big hit. Boat houses destroyed, trees and power lines of course are down and there plenty of reasons for the on going power outages. Folks are saying that if anyone is planning to come there, bring everything you need as things are hard to come by with all the destruction. Gas is in short supply and unfortunately there are reports of looting as of yesterday.
Also as of yesterday, six North Alabama State Parks closed for a while due to the storm damage. Lake Guntersville State Park took an awful hit and all (yup) all powerlines in the Park were down and all buildings have some type of damage ranging from minor to total destruction.

As 4Strokes had made us aware, debris is abundant and dangerous more flooding on the way! More flooding equals more movement of submerged materials which is not healthy for Bass Boat Hulls and Lower Units.

I'm sure somebody is catching fish there and probably good ones and in good quantity and I will keep searching and reporting as I become aware of the conditions, etc; but the best deal is be safe.

Life in many places in Alabama has been severely interrupted with Pain,suffering, death. With the Good Lord's Help, in time, we'll get through this and get back to hooking Hawgs and Sowbellies on a more normal basis.

Will check in later!
Take Care Y'all