Help me choose a prop!

Pkoerner

Good afternoon-

With spring in the air, I am really getting the itch to lauch the boat. After fixing up a project boat it is now time to find the ideal prop for my rig. Since this is my first time swapping out a prop, I would like to have some help choosing the right one.

I have a Force 125 hp motor hanging off the back of my 1983 17' Norris Craft 1700 Super Pro Medalist. It is model number x1254x7a. The operating range of the motor is 4500-5500 RPM. It has a 3 blade stainless prop on it currently, but I am unsure of the make/model. I have it mounted on a Minn Kota Power Up tilt. I have never seen this model of tilt before, but it was on there when I bought it, and seems to work just fine. I am unsure of the weight of the boat, but it carries 18 gallons of fuel, 2 fishermen (about 370 lbs) and about 100 lbs of gear max.

Right now (well really last summer while I ran it), it was a little slow out of the hole, but at the same time it was not where it should be at top end either. I did not have gps on it, but the speedo on the boat registered 35 at its highest reading running at 6200 rpm.

I would like to find a good all-around prop for my rig, with a slight emphasis on the top-end. However, at the same time, I would like to know both a solid hole-shot prop, and the best numbers for a top-end high speed prop.

I really appreciate all the help, and will try to provide any additional information that you will need. Thanks!!!