HydroSport Restoration

eltomo

Ok, here is the deal............
Been shopping the new/used boats and gave up. I don't want a payment for the rest of my life ( even a good late model used ). From what I shopped for even getting a good late 90's model are pricey and about impossible to finance and I enjoy DIY projects.
I have an 80's HydroSport 20ft dual console ( almost 20') nice dual axle trailer, has super wide beam and good layout plenty of storage, solid hull and deck to work with. I've seen some great restorations and I have the tools, shop and skills to restore. Also have extra motors to sell and save up for good late model or even new motor. Boat was given to me by a widow which helps a bunch. I also have 18' Stratos to use in the interm so fishin not affected.
Never restored a boat before so this is gonna be quite the adventure,

Phase 1 - Rebuild transom, inspect stringers , re-do drains
Phase 2 - While cap is off overhaul wiring to clean up the
80's style wire mess that all them boats had, overhaul
plumbing and live wells
Phase 3 - Re-carpet floor
Phase 4 - Put cap back on, build deck extension, recess tolling motor
pedal, Re-design driver console
(Since I saw that Pantera restoration) new gel coat with
new color scheme similar to current styles, overhaul trailer
while boat is off in between sanding and sanding and sanding
and compounding and compounding and compounding and
polishing and polishing and polishing
Phase 5 - New hydraulic steering , guages, switches indash fishgfinder ,
hot foot pedal
Phase 6 - Finsh out carpet install new switches and new tournament
seats
Last install jack plate - new motor and probably be sick of boat and sell it for big loss ( joking )

Figure will have bout 5 grand in boat ( including electronics trollling motor) less the motor and everything will be absolutley perfect the way I want it, add 17k if I want a NEW motor.
That would be a total tag 22k on an almost 90% new everthing custom bass boat with a 5-7yr warranty on motor.

I don't mind the work, more fun than watching TV, won't impede my fishing much, but if anyone can match or exceed ( no compromising one iota ) what I'm proposing in this project I'll gladly consider the purchase.

So once again if someone will sell me 19'6 bassboat - new 100lb thrust trolling motor, new carpet, new tournament seats, rod and tackle organizers, hydraulic steering, hydraulic jack plate, Custom boat trailer, front/back Lowrance HDS, New Motor with warranty, perfect gel coat, all wiring,guages and switches are perfect etc..... for 20k I'm all ears

Any input appreciated