Installed Boat Wise Safety Plug

4strokes

Well I finally got a few extra minutes yesterday to install the new Safety Wise Drain Plug & not a moment to soon I might add !

The new safety plug would NOT fit inside my original liner but in my case that turned out to be a GOOD THING since I was able to pull the original liner out with my fingernails ... it was seriously rotted, almost all the way thru, transom was fine but the plug liner had seen it's better days :eek:

Anyway, after removing my old liner the new one firmly slid into place with a few taps of my rubber mallet & a good dose of silicone sealant.
I felt good enough about the fit that no screws were used for the install.

Took the boat out today for 4 hours of jig throwing. I opened the hatches several times throughout the day & not a single drop of water got past the new plug so I thought I would see how it did when I added some water to the situation.

I unplugged my live well hose and let about 15 gallons of water in the hull, cranked the boat & drove it back to the launch ... about 4 miles.

When I got back to the launch area I opened the hatch & there was no water in the hull. Same results when the boat came out of the water on the trailer ... no water whatsoever.

I'm a believer & can highly recommend this new self draining plug by Boat Wise ... it's a keeper :D

old drain plug.jpg Installed 1.jpg