Ky lake

Boat
1989 Ranger 333v - 1995 Evinrude 130 hp
Every one wishes they caught huge numbers of keepers every time out,today was one of those days where one wishes for one real good fish,im still wishing and home.
For starters steve backed me in and the darn donk(motor) didnt want to fire up,31.5 deg.Then my winch which has been faded went completely,so we then made a decison to fish on the troller.
1 1/2 hrs later I hit the key and it fires up(donk)(aussie is rubbing off on me).
Main lake is frothy quite nasty,3fters,40 mile hr wind at times,hole 7 we cant get bit at,back to hole 4 no go and lake is high ?Not low back up around 358 not 356
or 355,current added to that wind.
So I pop around a corner where we have caught fish prior,Steve catches a short on a chatterbait,I change and put on a smaller one made by some one else.
Bam in comes a short,steve misses one on a fluke.
I pick up the double barrel bassbuster (weird home made buzzbait)as nearing a grass line,and proceed to get 4 fish ,running it submerged as usual.
Then another move ,steve gets a decent bass about keeper size if not as didnt measure it,just fun fishing.
I catch another one on the small version of the chatterbait and its also short,Steve picks up the fluke at the end of a cast and a bass jumps for it and misses.
Then goes back to fishing the chatterbait,I lose count then how many he did boat,all short other than one that might have measured.
Lake temp 59 deg warmest found was 61
Ride back was uneventfull as the jag rides smooth on that stuff
To say the day came up short is an accurate description,however if we caught them every time out,be called catching not fishing.
I enjoyed a heck of a a day out with a freind

Last edited by a moderator: