Maybe it's just me?

Evinbuck

Maybe it’s just me or my age or a combination of things but for the life of me I get somewhat amazed at little to no outrage from the mainstream media and few to no questions whenever issues happen that if under different political situations there would be relentless investigations and questions. What am I driving at?

My pet peeve…..the Chevy Volt. We have a commander in chief setting in as CEO of GM because of a bailout and the direction was set politically to insist GM produce an energy alternative car. Thus the Volt. The goal was then set to sell 10 thousand of these subsidized cars and to date the goal is not even half met and most of those sales have been government agencies anyway…..our tax dollars buying a car no one wants except the government greenies. Now we find that for several months the transportation dept along with other government people were withholding known flaws until finally some of these Volt car fires have finally surfaced in the news. And…..it wasn’t NBC who in past days did everything in their investigative powers to cause gas tank explosions even if they had to rig them themselves. Where the hell are these people now? You betcha, as Palin might say…..in bed with the Obama green bunch doing their best to keep the story to minimum damage. If this situation happened under a Bush sponsored car they’d dig up Ted Koppel from his yacht to do a prime time special of how your government is sponsoring death trap cars. Look what the media did to Toyota over the sticking gas pedal. And they’ve got the gall to say “Well, you have to follow up and turn off something to do with the ion batteries after an accident”……Geez!!!….can you imagine any car company trying to use that excuse what the hell the news would say!!!

I’m fed up and I know there are people who agree but not heard. Enough on the Volt as it’s just the tip of the iceburg with the bunch that occupy the White House. I know we haven’t maybe gotten the prime choices of candidates running but whoever the nominee is it is absurd if Republicans, Conservatives or whatever we want to call ourselves do not get behind and elect to get this bunch of people out of office before they totally reface this country into something no one will recognize……case closed as Bunker would say and I’m off my soapbox for awhile.