Okie crappies biting good...

How come no posts? We fish in OK. Even in western OK.:hook
So Friday I rode the bike out to a few lakes in the area. Beautiful day. Riding in a long sleeve "t" and lovin' it. Watched an old guy catching a few fish over in a relatively shallow area of the lake.

Took the Stratus out there on Saturday with relatively light winds for our area. We always have to contend with winds around here, probably why we're the new dumping grounds for hundreds of wind generators dotting the area. Anyway, water temps were around 44 degrees and there was a nice brush pile in the area the old guy was fishing.

Spent a couple of hours there and kept 10 nice crappies for the pan. Not slabs but close. Ones we kept ran from 10-12" and good solid spring crappies. Just starting to get some eggs and milt but were a ball on ultralight tackle, small flu flus and 4# test. Cleaned them my favorite way by scaling them thoroughly, then filleting them. Like the skin on panfish but don't like dealing with bones. Best of both this way.

First club tourney is March 26th and since I'm from where we were still drilling holes in March it seems strange to start so early. Our season didn't even open 'til Memorial weekend.:mad: First tourney is on Foss Reservoir so I'll have to get out there and start learning more about these western OK lake bass fishing.