Redfishing for the 1st time

Laus3

Community Supporter
Boat
Mako 21LTS Bayboat
red.jpg

Well guys, finally made it over to Punta Gorda, west coast of Florida to do a little redfishing for the 1st time with my wife's cousin who is a guide out there. Biggest fish of the day was a 28" red that put up an amazing fight. Drag was going, I was reeling in between runs, the net finally scooped him up and there it was.... My 1st red.

Great time but as the wind picked up to 25-30+mph, we got pounded and soaked on the way back to the docks at a very slow pace dealing with 2-3 footers and white caps everywhere. Really reminded me of why I love bass fishing. I know lakes can also get rough at times but getting pounded out there in the ocean can really kick your a$$.

Don't get me wrong I will definitely go back for more reds but today really reminded me why i'm so addicted to bass fishing. I earn every bass with my artificial lures. Fishing with pinfish as bait, casting them out, letting them swim until a red comes by is ok but not as rewarding as fooling a bass into blowing up on your artificial lure.

Nevertheless, a great experience for me! Any day out on the water is better than working, regardless of what type of fishing you are doing! :cheers: