This isn't "supposed" to happen...but we ARE talking about an ALLISON

Darth VMAX

Allison Boats Officer
I can't tell you how many times in the past I have seen guys with the idea if they rig a high RPM, small-block High Performance motor (225 Promax, 245 carb, etc.) from Mercury Racing on their heavy Ranger, Champion, Triton, etc. with the idea of being faster than anyone in their club...only to realize that its impossible to prop and 99% of the time their rig ends up slower than when it had the big-block "bass" motors on it.

Well, I know of a boy that just came out of a Ranger and now has a 21'3" 1400+ lb ALLISON XB-21 BasSport PRO. The FLAGSHIP of the Allison basser line-up.

He has rigged a technological marvel from Mercury Racing, the 2.5 EFI 280 "Sport". This motor was designed for small 20' and under HIGH PERFORMANCE light-weight (sub 1,000 lb) performance boats. Not a big, heavy tournament bass boat. The XB21 is more suited for the big-block, torquey low rpm "bass" motors (Opti's, ETEC HO's, VMAX/SHO's). Not a super high winding RPM small-block screamer.

During his early stages of dialing in this unique combo, he has managed 91.5 mph on a small stump-filled, wind blown lake. This is a strong testament to the hydro AND aero dynamic attributes Darris has designed in this amazing boat. Trust me, the speeds will just keep getting higher and higher!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTAXkvL1sI8&feature=youtu.be

As you can tell the hull is still pretty wet and the motor is still running fairy "low" rpms for what this motor is capable of.

:first::first::first::first::cheers: