This seasons fuel situation

Evinbuck

Trying not to be sounding so pessimistic all the time but pretty good sources of rumor are saying gasoline is expected to go over the 4 buck a gallon mark in early spring and throughout the summer. Personally, it is definitely affecting my driving habits as well as eliminating long distance vacation travel. Last year was bad enough for water recreation and fishing and as for me, it will be greatly reduced this year if the rumors hold true.

We all know the price of gasoline is affecting the rising costs of everything! Shipping rates are out the whazzoo, every item in a grocery store is starting to average 2 bucks and more. This situation has got to be killing the marinas, boat manufacturers, and you name it having to do with anything recreational. Probably because of my living in Ohio I have noticed a bigger impact on boating/sporting stores going belly up because of the shorter operating seasons. It’s getting pretty sad though as many of these marinas have been around forever and now having to consider shutting down. One has to wonder if there is going to be an end to this insanity?!

I’m not trying to stir up any nest of snakes but I’d just like to hear what a lot of us who enjoy our bass fishing think. What do you think about the current situation where domestic oil exploration, the Canadian pipeline and anything to do with fossil fuels seemed to be shelved or at a minimum making it economically impossible for US companies to find and deliver more fossil fuels? Do you think the current “green technology” being subsidized is going to be a real solution in the immediate future? What’s some of the theories or predictions about our favorite sport, fishing?….does anyone see a future bunch of regulations being put on boat propulsion, horse power ratings on reservoirs, EPA emission testing on boats, not to mention shorter fishing/hunting season impositions?

Just trying to get some input and opinions and what you think because this is the worst in my 64 years of observing businesses shutting down in every level of recreation…..marinas, factory downsizing and/or model reductions, RV’s, camping, everything seems to be on the edge of survival. Help me not to be overly pessimistic as I honestly don’t see any of the proposed solutions working yet?…..or will there be a Volt boat mandated in our future?