Tired of squeezing that fuel bulb ??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

90profx

We all remember the times we've launched our boats without work'n that damm primer bulb first, obviously it was a no start situation and a little embarrassing to say the least if the ramp was crowded.:eek::eek::eek:

Here's away to totally do away with that bulb, ya, I said totally :eek::eek:!

This mod applies to FI or Carb motors:

Go down to your local NAPA store and pick up a Facet Posi-Flo Fuel Pump, Part #60104, PSI Max. 4.0 to 1.5 Min. at 25 GPH, cost about $45.
This is a 12V pump, comes with fittings and mounting tabs and filter as well.
1. Remove your current primer bulb.
2. Splice in a section of hose where the bulb was or replace the entire line length with new.

This is from experience:
This is a good time to check that your fuel line is not chaffed, nicked, cut, pinched or just plain worn out. (Mine was chaffed about 1/8" deep:eek: from rubbing on the lower pan snout.)

3. Install the new electric pump with it's enclosed filter in the battery compartment per the instructions that came with the pump.
4. Secure the pump to something solid of your choosing. Ensure no hose rub is present when you secure it.
5. Run the ground wire to the "NEG" post of your cranking battery.
6. Run the positive wire up to the engine or under your dash.
7. Locate a power supply (12V) that turns on when you turn the ignition key to the "ON" position and back off in the "OFF" position. Attach the positve wire to this source. If using a splice and butt connector method when tapping into another wire, make sure you apply "DIE-ELECTRIC" grease to the inside of the butt connector prior to crimping the wire in place. This will ensure that no corrosion takes place and it remains water proof.

WAAAA-LAAAAA your done, never to fondle that bulb again (unless that sort of thing does something for ya:D:D.)

To support this mod I can tell you that I've had the same pump in my rig since 2006. When I had a Merc XR6 (carb motor)and now with my Merc 225X P/Max FI motor, "NO ISSUES AT ALL AND NOTHING TO REMEMBER BEFORE LAUNCH", hit the key and see ya !!!!!!!!!!:):)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.