Went with a Lowrance 9-ti

Laus3

Community Supporter
Boat
Mako 21LTS Bayboat
Well, after hours of comparisons between Lowrance, Garmin, Simrad, and Hummingbird, I finally gave in and went with the Lowrance 9-ti. The final straw was the side by side comparison with the Lowrance HDS more expensive models where resolutions were he same, the transducers were also the same, both units use Chirp technology sonar, side view down view, amongst many other similarities. I don't mind less buttons and more touch screen. As a matter of fact, I think I like the touch screen better than using more buttons. The HDS has 2 SD card slots instead of one which I don't care for and also has a 2nd transducer input which I also don't care for since one transducer is enough for me. I had bought a Garmin 840xs on July 4th on sale for $799 from sticker price of $1499 but with no transducer and when I went to buy one yesterday it turns out if i want side scan, I would also have to get a module/transducer that was $499 and the Lowrance included everything for $999 in the box with a bigger screen so I returned the Garmin. Also, the Garmin had no touch screen option which seemed outdated to me.

Well, trolling motor is in and just got the GPS. Next on my list is a power pole and jack plate but they will have to wait until income taxes in February. Enough spending for now. Time to go fishing :p