What Sonar Unit?

Madbasser

Ok, i have an itchy trigger finger. Need to pull the trigger on a console unit.

Ok lemme back up here. Give you guys some info. I just picked up my first glass bass boat. Its a 21 footer and it did not come with any units. I have a gray scale 500 series hummingbird portable that i have had for a while,i can put on the front, but i need a good console unit.

My thinking is that i should just buy good now and not worry about buying a better unit later. Let me know what u would do.

I have just under a "G" to spend so i should be able to get a decent unit.
Here is what i am looking for and i know i may not be able to get all these features in one unit but lets see what u guys come up with.

Things i would like:
1) Di
2) 2d sonar
3) linking compatible ( for later on the bow unit)
4) comes with Transducer
5) Must be color unit
6) 5" screen is fine
7) have these things intergrated in the unit, no addition parts purchased.

Things I could live without but add to unit later :
1) GPS ( but if it comes with one id prefer an internal)
2) Thru hull transducer
3) Integrated maps
4) SI upgradeable.

Ok so as i typed it Im saying to my self yeah right, dreams are free LOL!!!

I would like an Si unit but i think that would be out of my range. If i get a DI unit can i upgrade later to a SI software and transducer or will i need a whole new unit?
Do all DI units have 2d sonar already on them? Some don't advertise them that way
I don't want to buy a other external stuff like the HDS units, but im not opposed to Lowrance if i can get it all for the same price. They seem to have great picture.

Maybe i should just look at a good 2d color unit and get an imaging unit MUCH later. This is really my last choice cause i hate buying stuff twice.:mad:

Alright. Let me have it.
Im dreaming i know, but what would be ur compromise, cash in hand.