Where does Honda and Suzuki stand in the marine industry?

egreen024

I figure I put some more fuel in the fire. We know about Mercury, Yamaha, and OMC, without getting into details and opinions about this three, we all kind of agree that Merc is at top, Yamaha might have something now with the four stroke motors and evinrude still has some hardcore followers, but what about Suzuki, last year I read about there 250 and numbers were pretty good, reviews were very positive as well. Never saw any advertisement for service or even sales in NY. AThe other one is Honda, seen them in many boats mostely salt water rigs and once I saw one on a bass boat in CT. this looked like the ones I seen in the bigger salt water boats, and I beleive it was a 4 stroke as well, only thing I can tell you is that this motor was so quite that I had to look to the boilin in water to know it was running. How diferent is this motor from the new Yamaha, could weight along make such a diference in performance? if so why did this guy put one on a bass boat, this boat was a bass cat I beleive. Why isn't honda into bass boats like yamaha? they just as big a company I would think? Something about salt water rigs that attract a lot more manufactures than the fresh water crowd, I thought it would be the other way since specially bass fisherman always run their motors at top speed there for motors life will be shorter and there would be the need to buy more motors.