18ft with 175 evinrude need help!!!

cottonball

Ok. Today i took my boat out on her maiden voyage and the performance wasn't quite what i expected. My boat is an Ebbitide Dyna-Trak 176. Its 17ft 11in and has an evinrude 175. Both the boat and motor are 1978 and in reasonable condition. I've done alot of work to it over the winter and was just expecting a little more. The best i got was 45 (per my GPS) and that was after about an hour of running the boat. From what i have researched, the hull weighs 1150lbs and the motor has a raker 3 blade #22 prop. I had ALOT of problems with cavitation. When I begin to throttle it up it just throws water every where. It was very hard to get it moving. When i got home, it appears that the boat motor has been moved up on the mount. It has what i think is a jack plate. The piece in between the motor and the transom that allows you to change the depth of the prop in the water??? Also the water was kinda choppy and there was a little wind, but nothing major. and there were three of us in the boat (350, 275, and 235). Maybe we need to go on a diet. We had no gear. Please help what do i need to look for. Im going to attach some pics i a little while. thanks