1987 Mercury 90hp Starter Issues

So I bought a cheap starter of Ebay and now I am thinking probably wasn't the best route. The first starter they shipped out worked good for every 5-8 starts then the starter would get like stuck and just spin at the bottom of the starter. It wouldn't raise up. I would have to tap it with a hammer to break it free so it would rise up again and catch the flywheel. So I inquired about it and they sent me out another one. Just got it in yesterday and the first start got the motor started right up and I let it run for a couple minutes and the next time I went to start it it got stuck already. They had mentioned something the first time around about my battery not being able to handle load or something but I am not sure that is what the case it. Anyway I thought I would post this here as a last ditch effort to see if it might be something else or if it is just the quality of the starter. I guess as long as the hammer can help to get it to work again I will just make sure to have a hammer on board. I guess it beats the old starter rope.

I linked a video I took of it in action for reference:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi5uSWcu77Q&feature=plcp

After I got it working again it started like 20 sometimes straight before seizing up again.

Any help would be much appreciated.