Senior Fisheman
Best Catch
12lbs
Boat
Charger
View full description
1998 Ranger 518 DVS Special Edition
"NO RESERVE" 1998 Ranger Comanche 518 DVS Special Bass Boat

I am re-listing my Bass Boat due to the buyer backing out, The sad part about it is that No One has ever even looked at this boat in person or have heard it run. If someone where to do this it would sell on the spot. It is being re-listed without a reserve...For Sale; 1998 Ranger Comanche 518 DVS Special includes the Trailer and a 1998 Mercury 150 hp outboard motor. The boat is rated for 6 people and 175 HP max as per the spec plate. This model was made special for the Bass Masters Classic which was limited to 150hp even though if you speak with the Ranger Boat people, they will tell you that this Ranger 518 DVS Comanche is actually rated for 200hp, be sure to look this up. Again this boat is powered by a 1998 Mercury 150 hp oil injected outboard with power trim, hydraulic steering and a stainless steel prop. The motor starts right up, runs strong and idles smooth. A compression test was performed on the motor right before I listed it; each cylinder measured between 118 and 120 psi. I would be more than happy to perform this test in person. Up front there is a Minn Kota Maxxum 24v trolling motor. This also runs very smooth and maneuvers this boat without problem. All of the electrical connections are solid and corrosion free. This includes all electrical connections on this boat not just for the trolling motor. There's a Lowrance X102c fish finder up front, and a Humminbird Wide Portrait fish finder at the drivers seat. The Hummingbird has some cracks in the lower right hand corner of the screen, but it does not affect the unit’s performance. The Lowrance is in perfect shape. It has a Hamby's Protector Beaching Bumper (keel Guard) installed. It comes with a Ranger Custom fit cover that fits very well. It has no tears or holes just a little fading at the seams. I have ratcheting hold-downs for the cover in very good condition and Brand new Ratcheting hold-downs for the boat to the trailer $80 pr. This boat is in excellent shape and I hate to sell it, but I am a recent amputee and I need a different style boat due to my lack of stability. I purchased it from the original owner. He kept this boat in excellent condition. It was never left in the water for any lengthy period of time and was garage kept over the winters. I used it once and realized I needed a different style boat. Everything on this boat works just as it should. I replaced the two pumps for the Live Wells $50 ea and the two Bilge pumps $75 ea. I also replaced the PVC pipes for those pumps and replaced the Live Well Aerator valve $ 45. That's Four Brand new pumps, a Brand New valve and all new plumbing to go with it. The live wells are as clean as a whistle. All of the storage compartments are in excellent condition including the Battery compartment. I replaced all of the courtesy and marker lights with LED bulbs, they are brighter and cooler than conventional bulbs that was $100 in LED bulbs alone. There was one broken compartment latch, but I replaced all of them at $30 ea x 8. I installed a Brand new Minn Kota MK 330D on board battery charger $250. The Trolling batteries (Everstart Maxx Marine) have 2011 dates on them and again this was only used once last year. They motor battery (Everstart Marine) doesn’t have a date on it. They charge fine with the Minn Kota Charger without any fault indications. The one time I did use this boat, I was out all day using only the trolling motor without incident. They've had a battery tender on them ever since just to keep them peaked. I have the original Ranger 2 bank charger, which works fine and will include it. The Main seat is in very, very, very good condition. It would be excellent if the Ranger iron on patches didn’t fall off. There aren’t any scuffs, scrape or tears. If I could get the patches, it would be excellent without question. The Rear seat is perfect, like New. The Front seat is in good condition, I would say very good except for the Ranger patch is off and the letters that spell Ranger are faded but there are no rips or tears. This seat must have been used the most over the years. The rugs on the deck are in excellent condition the rugs on the floor are in very good condition, the rugs in storage compartments are immaculate. Overall what can you say, this boat is in excellent condition. As for the trailer, all of the lights have been replaced $100 and I installed New roller/bumper up front, I also installed a New roller and pin with grease fittings in the rear $75. The tires have a very good amount of tread left on them, including the spare. The wheels spin freely and the surge brakes work just as they should. There is a chip in the fiberglass running board on the passenger side rear. It’s about the same length but a little wider than the one unfinished scratch on the boat. Please feel free to ask any questions or to see pictures of any specific areas. I took care in everything that I've done on this boat because I had every intention of keeping this. Even after I knew this model wasn’t good for me, it took me months to list it because I really like it that much and I thought I could make it work. This I’m sure cost me money by not listing it in the early spring. I take care in everything I do and this was no different. If I didn't need something with higher sides or a railing, I would never sell this. I took pictures of most everything to show how nice this is. I also have shown the areas of damage, there’s a chip on the nose and two scratches on the side one of which was repaired by the previous owner, one that was not. They are both about an inch and a quarter long. Outside of the chip on the nose the Gel coat above the bumper line is near perfect. There are some scuffs on the bottom but they’re not into the gel coat, THATS IT. I have nothing to hide. I also have the original side bumpers, an anchor, a net, two life vests, a drift sock, one paddle, check it stick, jumper cables, quick change trailer jack, 3 fishing tackle boxes that fit the storage compartment, a tackle box filled with misc tools, parts etc. One last thing, there isn't any Armorall or any other type spray to enhance any part of this boat in these pictures. These pictures were taken after a wash and dry with plain soap and water. There is $1000 of brand new parts on this boat alone let alone the wonderful condition. Sure, there are a few minor things I would do if I were keeping it but they are all cosmetic. And if you were to put a few hundred into it, this would be near perfect. If I were keeping it, I would have already done it. Here’s a wonderful chance to own a great bass boat at a fantastic price. You WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED! This is also listed locally, privately and I reserve the right to end the auction early. Thanks for looking.