Alabama Lake Eufaula - Mid May 2011

Boat
1998 HydraSports Z270
Just came across some good info on Lake Eufaula:
Lake is full pool and Mid 70's water temp.
In a word on Lake Eufaula, Bass Fishing is "Good!" Fish are moving to the "post Spawn" pattern for the most part!

Water clairity and color is dependant upon whether you are North or South of the Causeway. Don't forget to try the Rip Rap on the Causeway as well because it has produced many many Large Large Mouth over the years. I took (Boze) a 7.5 off of the Rip Rap years ago. That is not a current report I know and not so large a Bass but my point is fish it, (the Rip Rap on the Causeway, North Side) they are there in May!

South: The top water is good on Lunker Lures and bone colored top water jerk baits. Keep some trailer hooks close by for the short strikes which are abundant on the Buzz Baits! As the heat builds in Bama, the Bass look for shade up in the day of course on deeper banks with heavy brush. Texas and Carolina Rigged worms have to be experimented with but are productive.

The big deal is getting closer and of course that is the move to the ledges in late May. Awesome ledge fishing in Lake Eufaula Alabama.

Good fishing to you folks
Will check in later!
Take Care Y'all!