An End to My Fishing Days?

gonefishing7903

New Member's Liason
Staff member
BBM Staff Member
Boat
Javelin Venom 17
Morning everyone, no coffee here but I had a Dr Pepper. For the last couple of seasons the steering on my boat has gotten increasingly stiff. It was the last thing I checked this Spring getting the boat ready and through one spot it is almost impossible to turn even with both hands. Ok time for a new steering cable right? Not so fast though. In their infinite wisdom the chimps employed at OMC in the late 90s to design their boats made sure to design this one where the entire outboard has to be removed to get the old cable out. Fine I'll squeeze out the money somewhere and pay to have it done since I never bought an engine hoist. Oh but wait, it gets better! I call the only reputable boat shop within 50 miles of my house and are politely told replacement cables aren't even available anymore! So what am I supposed to do with it? Repower a hull I already don't like? Trade it in or sell it off if I even can with barely functional steering? I'm pretty much stuck with a 1800lbs fiberglass rock and am scratching my head trying to figure out what to do....