Bass Team Tackle Jigs

B

Bonsaibp

Bass Team Tackle Jig Review

Rick from Bass Team Tackle ( http//:www.bassteamtackle.com ) sent me a few jigs for review. So lets get to it.
The first jig we’ll talk about is there Football Jig. There are a wide variety of silicone skirt colors available. Skirts are attached with a rubber collar with built in rattle holders. The rattles are sold separately. Sizes available are 1/4 , 3/8, 1/2, 5/8, and 3/4 oz. I have the 1/2 oz. size in the PB&J color. The paint job seems to be of a high quality, I spent about an hour casting this thing out and dragging it over rock with very little loss of paint, just a few chips here and there. It has a double barbed bait keeper that kept the twin tailed grub I had on in place very well. Hooks are good, sharp 4/0 or 5/0 Mustad Ultra Points and believe me they are sharp. The weed guard was able to do its job with out being too stiff and did not hinder the hook set. At a $2.25 price tag I’d say it was a good deal.

Next up is the swim jig. The swim jig is available in 7 or 8 colors, different shad colors as well as bluegill and baby bass. It’s got a nice small profile head with built- in red eyes. Its available in open water, heavy cover and EWG versions with the hooks and weed guards determining the type. All come with quality Mustad hooks. The one drawback for me is the rubber band that holds on the skirt, I’m not really a fan but I understand it helps keep the price at a reasonable $2.25.

They also have a brush jig, which comes in two styles either an EWG hook or a stout Flipping hook. The difference in this jig is the eye is molded right into the jighead that should help in bringing the jig through the brush with minimal hangups. Again they are equipped with quality Mustad hooks and have double bait holder barbs. They are available in a wide variety of colors.

I also tried an Arky head screw jig. This jig features a screw –loc rather than a regular weed guard. Attach your trailer to the screw-loc and insert the hook as you would for a Texas rig and you have a weedless Arkie style jig. The problem I had with this jig was that the skirt was all tangled up in the screw-loc and I had to spend a couple of minutes untangling it before a could rig my bait. What I really liked about this bait though that it almost always stood up making the trailer look like a crawfish with it’s claws up. I did a little modification by cutting the top section of skirt down to maybe an 1/8 th inch which did two things it eliminated the problem with the screw –loc and gave the jig a different look, more like a spider jig.

My favorite item from them is their Texas Rig Jig. If you can picture a bullet weight with a stub on the end to tie a skirt to you’ll have an idea what the Texas Rig Jig looks like. It adds a much bigger profile and a very different look to your Texas rigged plastics. It comes in a wide variety of colors that will compliment or contrast with any soft plastic bait. Its available in 1/4 , 3/8, 1/2 and 9/16 oz. sizes. It would make an awesome punching set up if it came in say a 1 or 1 1/2 oz. size. (Hint, hint)

All in all I have to say that Bass Team Tackle has some quality products at very competitive prices. Check them out at http://www.bassteamtackle.com