BasStar Dredger

Nichor02

Senior Fisheman
Boat
Polar Craft
<HR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #d1d1e1; COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
Company: BASSTAR BAITS CO.
1143 Janis St.
Carson, CA 90746
www.basstarbaits.com

Class: Crankbait
Lure: Pro Series Dredger
Color: Fire Tiger
Wgt.: 1 1/4 oz.
Line: 17 lb.
Reel: Baitcaster
Rod: Med. Hvy.
Cond. Cloudy, 85 degrees
Water: Stained, 84.5 degrees
Wind: East, 12 mph.
Lake: Enid Reservoir, Enid, Miss.

Today I had the priveledge to do a product review on one of the many crankbaits made by BasStar Baits. The lure in this review is a Pro Series Dredger. These fine baits not only have the very large diving lip on the front, but they also have weight molded to the front of the lip. This makes sure the lure wastes no time getting to the depth that you want it at quickly. While being rather heavy to cast, (1 1/4 oz.), the lure worked flawlessly on the retrieve. The fish we were trying to get to were in water approximately 22 ft. down. This lure had no problem getting to the desired depth. The package states that it can be trolled to achieve deeper depths, but I honestly had no problem on my own. Now this will need to be on a slow retrieve reel due to the weight of the lure. And I would also recommend a med hvy, or hvy action rod.
Not only does the lure have the weight made on the front of the lip, but these lures have pivoting treble hooks. Doesn't sound like much at first, but when you're trying to tie it onto your line, you will quickly see the advantage of having those hooks. The hooks pivot on the slightest touch on anything. This could be quite an addition if you're having trouble getting a hook set on fish. If they touch this treble, it will easily and quickly pivot to whatever is touching it. Very unique design.
Bottom line is that with the new design of pivoting treble hooks, and the weighted front lip, BasStar has put the pressure on other manufacturers to find a way of accomplishing what they have with this great crankbait.
I would like to personally thank BasStar Baits Company for allowing me the oppurtunity to run a field trial, review, on their new products. And I would like to end the review with the fact that if you use crankbaits, you owe it to yourself to try these fine baits out.

Thank You,
Randy Nichols
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________