Been working on mine

Nothing major really. Just minor stuff that needed doing and I'm not done yet.

Fixed my livewell drain valve. Sounds easy and the valve itself is a very simple design. Getting it out took a little time. This was important because they are going super crazy about AIS crap here in MN and livewell has to be empty before leaving launch area. My pumpout doesn't completely empty the livewell. Anyway, problem solved.

Added new Rod Savers to strap my rods down.

Bought a couple new HDS 7 units and installed/networked those. New FL-10 indash flasher is on the way while I try to decide between FL-8 or FL-18 for the bow. Most of my depth reading will be done via flasher and the HDS units will mainly be for plotter functions. I am done trying to depend on graphs for precise boat control on structure. I got on some deep mifoil on a point Saturday and the HDS units are next to worthless for reading THROUGH this stuff.:wallbash:

New Carlisle tires went on the trailer last weekend. They were well past due for replacement and I figured my luck was going to run out if I kept pushing those old Goodyears.;) I did the wheel bearings before I slapped on the new tires.

Previous owner had installed a stereo system on this boat. I removed it today including ALL wiring. I also pulled out all the old (unused) power and transducer cables previous owner had left in. Wiring under drivers console was just a pigsty mess.:eek: That was just plain being lazy on his part and it has bugged me since I bought this boat almost 2 yrs ago. Between all the wiring/cables and stereo I've removed a good chunk of useless weight.:D Those 2 speakers were heavy! The under console wiring will clean up nicely now. I spent 3 1/2 hours pulling useless wires and stereo!

My speedometer doesn't work. I think it did before the engine went in for service a month ago?? I will fix that now too, just not sure yet exactly what it will take. Had JP mounting bolts resealed while engine was being fixed (electronic HP fuel pump was leaking and replaced)

I'm converting my pedestal bases to king pin. I finally got my bow pedestal loose (which was a PITA) and ordered new Sprinfield king pin pedestals. Have had too many problems with Swivel-eze so trying a different brand. Since the newer swivel eze pedestals use a larger diameter post than my bases are designed for, it makes little sense not to convert. Guys talk about sanding these newer posts to fit but it's a LOT of (time consuming) work. I'm not going to have every new post machined for future replacements to fit the stock holes so machining a adapter bushing to convert is my answer. These will be done as soon as I get the new pedestals for measurements.

I've got some bilge work ahead of me also. Nothing really pressing at the moment but there will be some cleaning and pump replacements eventually.

I love the way this boat rides! Everybody that rides in it braces for impact when they see big wakes ahead but this hull just cuts them like a knife. It's funny to see their jaw dropping expression after we float through. So, this makes all my work (and money spent :wallbash:) worth it. Champs rule!!:first: