Classroom Furniture

Aric11

It was theme day for English class and this weeks theme was “furniture words”. Mrs. Smith gave each of her students a type of furniture and assigned them the task of using this item in a sentence.

Mary was first up with End Table. She says aloud to the class “My mother keeps her bible safely in the drawer of the End Table in the common room”.

Mrs. Smith was ecstatic! She says “What a fantastic use of your words, great job!”

Next up was Ivan, his item was “Folding Chairs”. Ivan proceeds to say to the class “Sometimes when we have a lot of company over, we have to set up the folding chairs so everyone has a place to sit”.

Once again Mrs. Smith is totally beside herself at how bright and intelligent her students are.

Finally, last up is little Johnny. His word was “Cedar Chest”. Johnny, having never heard of this piece of furniture was having trouble putting together a sentence. Mrs. Smith says to him “Don’t be shy, just say whatever comes to your mind, I am sure you will do great!”

Without missing a beat, Johnny says “Oh, well in that case den…I dun walked in on sista in da batroom this mornin and she got all embarrassed like cuz I smiled when I see’d er’ chest!” :D