Crappie baits

S

Stinkies Daddy

I'm asking this ? just to get an idea on how y'all do it!

I personally use a lot of minnows floated under a center slider Thill slip cork, string style bobber stop to controll depth, big shot to get down fast, with a #2 gold hook. I start at 10' every time unless i mark bait fish at a differant depth, in this case i set the slip cork to stop at bout 6" above the bait fish depth

When i use a jig my go to is always a YUM 1.5" black and chartruse curly tail grub on a 1/16oz round head. When fishing with a jig i do it several differant ways! If the fish are spooky i tend to hold back about 1 and 1/2 the casting distance from the structure i want to fish moving in closer using the troller on the lowest setting it has til i start catching fish. If the fish are aggressive i like to fish around docks in a vertical fashion, dropping all the way to the bottom and reeling up slowly til i feel that bump of a striking fish, stopping when i feet it and jigging the bait.

Some times it pays off to fish a Gene LaRew Licorice colored shad on a 1/16oz ball head under a Thill center slider cork. I do this by casting along the side of a dock or over structure, when the cork comes to rest and is standing up right ill slowly raise the rod tip ti make the cork come to me about 18" and let it rest as i reel in the lil bit of slack i created, i keep a watchful eye on the bobber stop as it will make a v as it travels thru the water back to the cork, if it is hauling ass back to the cork, rather than its normal rate of speed, i reel and set the hook at the same time.

these are a few of the ways that i fish for crappie, i hope that i have helped you maybe catch a few more fish.

what are a few ways that you fish for crappie?