Dang!

Dougw

When my 200 died I was loading the boat with the trolling motor. Ok... let me rephrase - I was trying to load the boat with the trolling motor. Running start, lift, glide on to trailer - the plan. Running start, locking pins hang can't lift - ram trailer with trolling motor - reality.

Knocked the bearings out of the upper and lower pivot points. In attempt to replace bearings I did more damage than good and as a result - ordered new trolling motor - wanted one anyway just needed 1/2azz 'cuse for getting one.

Had 70# Pro tour motor guide w/5 speed(hated that!) Replaced with 82# digital - luv it.

When I got home new motor was leaning against front door. Ok... snatch it up n' put it in garage. I couldn't hardly budge it. I pick it up... take a couple of steps... put it down. Did they ship batteries with this thing - I wonder? Drag dead weight to garage, open box looking for source of weight. The Spring Gator mount #21 was the source. I don't know how much that thing weighs but it is waaaaay heavier then the 70# tour pro mount.

I used old mount which is clearly a lighter weight mount. I don't fish the Great Lakes but do encounter very heavy winds and fairly heavy water at times. I just could not mount that dang heavy mount on the front of the boat. I may have to some day but not to'day! I expected a tad more weight due to the motor windings n' such but what that thing weighs borders on crazy.