Ethanol issues- please read

B

Bonsaibp

We all need to pay attention to what is happening on the political front if we want to be able to continue to enjoy our outdoor activities. There are lots of organized groups that would love to shut down all fishing and hunting, and sometimes they use clandestine operations to achieve their goals. Recently the National Park Service banned all use of lead fishing products (including spinnerbaits and jigs) and ammunition which would essentially shut down these activities. The ASA and other outdoor organizations screamed foul (emails from all over poured in) and the NPS reversed their decision (see, your outcry will make a difference).

Now your outboard motor is a target. Time to speak up. I did and it literally took less time than writing this post. Just follow the instructions on the link and your voice will be heard. Do nothing and accept your fate, but don't whine to me about it then!

I just got this from US boats:

Dear BoatUS Member:

We need your help!

Strong pro-ethanol advocates are pushing the Obama Administration and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to increase ethanol levels in gasoline to 15% (E15). As you may have read in BoatUS Magazine, ethanol at the currently allowed 10% (E10) level has been shown to cause significant problems for some marine engines and boat fuel systems.
to send comments (due before May 21) directly to EPA. It doesn’t have to take more than one minute. If you have a little more time and can customize your letter, it will make your message even stronger.
Here is the link:

http://capwiz.com/nmma/issues/alert/?alertid=13199386

Please share this email with your boating family, friends, and groups. We need as many letters as possible.

Thank you,
Margaret Podlich, Vice President
BoatUS Government Affairs
GovtAffairs@BoatUS.com