Everglades Holiday Park 07-19-2011

R

Revenant

It was a tough day of fishing. Due to the recent rains, the pumping station was dumping thousands of gallons of water into the park every minute, and the water was foam filled and putrid. The weather was cool in the morning, and hot in the afternoon. Skies where clear blue until about 11AM.

We started off at the Sawgrass Expressway canal at the first U-bend on the South side. The water was flowing so fast through the U Cut, that I had to use the big motor to get through it. Not exaggerating. I tried with the trolling motor and got stuck half way. Once your past the U-Cut, your actually 6 inches higher then on the other side. Not getting anything we headed to North side where I finally picked up a single small Bass on a point near the airboat cuts.

We head down to the Miami canal and picked up a single 2.5lb Bass who didn't put up any fight. There was a lot of green gunk in the water and even the gar were hard to find. We ran North on the Miami canal until the S-9 junction where the water got a lot clearer, the gators more plentiful, and yet no Bass. We gave up after some long liners basically surrounded our boat with their lines. We ran back to Four corners and got skunked there too.

Overall, a pretty bad day of fishing. I only saw two other Bass Boats out there, and I think everyone else had the right idea. Still, a bad day of fishing is better then a good day at work. Except I had to go to work after we were done...:wallbash: