Everstart Batteries???

rangerman

I returned an Everstart cranking battery to Walmart tonight. It suddenly quit cranking my motor and wouldn't charge up. It likes a few days being a year since the purchase date and the battery says free 1 year replacement. But tonight, they tell me at Walmart that the computer says it's not able to be returned. They said if I had my receipt for the old battery, they might be able to help me. I didn't have old receipt with me. Bought new battery and left old one for core. Came home and miracously found old receipt. Laying here unable to sleep hoping they will refund me for the new battery when I take all receipts back tomorrow to show purchase dates and battery serial numbers. Think they will?
And...
The new battery is a group size 24 with like 690 MCA. I'm wondering if it is even the right size I need to crank the 225 Mercury. Old battery was 1000 MCA and shorted out. So what are you guys using for battery sizes, for cranking and trolling, or should I quit buying Everstart altogether? I've read some bad things online since my bad experience.