Finally Got Modern Electronics, well sort of....

gonefishing7903

New Member's Liason
Staff member
BBM Staff Member
Boat
Javelin Venom 17
Ive always had fairly humble electronics on my boat. have a small Humminbird 141c up on the bow that a buddy gave to me because it was too fancy for him and it is by far the best unit i have ever owned. a couple of years ago i added a lowrance 5" unit with downscan imaging at the helm, but never been happy with its performance. it just is not easy to spot fish on a non hd unit with downscan imaging (dsi).

anyways this evening I picked up a Lowrance elite 5x chirp and a lowrance lms 332c for $120. the elite 5 will give me a unit that will show traditional sonar and dsi side by side and with chirp resolution. the 332 will give me mapping capability at long last. I only got one transducer between the two of them so I will have to buy power cables, gps antenna, and another transducer. My plan is to move the lowrance i already have up front to the trolling motor en mount the two new ones at the helm. that way i will have the mapping on the 332 then2d and dsi on the other all available at a glance.