Florida Everglades 2/16/2013 Sawgrass Recreational Park area

Laus3

Community Supporter
Boat
Mako 21LTS Bayboat
Fished a new part of the Florida Everglades yesterday. Took highway 27 North from Miami (turnpike to Ockeechobee/highway 27), the ramp is right after the Holiday Park exit on Griffin Road. Gotta make a left to get to the ramp so look out for 1st left after Griffin exit. Pulled up, 2 ramps... Much better ramp area than the ramp i'm used to launching off of on Tamiami Trail everglades (L67). Took off and headed North about 2-3 miles until the bend then started fishing it back south. Amazing spot, caught 40 largemouth Bass even with a cold front hitting us around 3pm and the wind picking up substantially.

It was basically fishing similar areas that i'm used to on L67 but much more lilly pads and 10-13 ft of water (kinda like what we pray for in the Everglades area down South that we are used to fishing. Flukes were working great, frogs were working in the morning, jerk baits worked great (not surprising), they hit worms too, and Pop R top water baits finished off the day.

I think I found a new spot!!! I love fishing the Florida Everglades down in Miami 12m west of Krome but this place was amazing. Only 15 miles further but with highway miles and no construction, i got there in the same amount of time it normally takes me to get to my "normal" fishing spot. Highly recommended spot!!!