Florida Everglades Fishing Report L67 Dec 1st 2013

Laus3

Community Supporter
Boat
Mako 21LTS Bayboat
1st time back to Everglades since late October. Water levels are continuing to drop and are now 2-3 feet lower than summer levels. Huge drop in water temperatures with my depth finder reading 70 degrees at 7am, rising to 72 degrees by 1pm (water temps were still over 80 degrees in late October). Morning topwater was great, using a River2Sea #98 Rover, Pop-R, and Rapala #13 stickbait while my buddy had some good luck with a Zoom horny toad. Also caught 2 quick bass flipping a KVD fluke around the pads. As the sun and water temps came up around 11:30, the topwater action got a little slower. Switched to worms and had some great luck fishing a little bit lower and slower. Tried several colors but the #1 color by far was a watermelon colored Gambler worm 7".

Caught around 30-35 bass in total between me, my daughter and one of my buds from my fishing club. All bass ranged between 1lb and 3lbs. With water levels continuing to drop as we approach February and March when water levels are lowest, we should start seeing the bigger bass drawn into the main channel in the coming months. Great day overall in South Florida!!!