Florida Everglades L67 July 20th 2014

Laus3

Community Supporter
Boat
Mako 21LTS Bayboat
Water temps were on fire today, registering up to 88 degrees at mid day. Water levels have come back up and summer patterns were in effect. Fishing was slow in the Florida Everglades and very muddy heading north towards Holiday Park. Looked like the gates were open and water was stirring up the bottom pretty good.

Everything was slow until we headed west on L67 about 4 miles from the curve (past the restaurant). Then in a matter of 1-2 hours, all hell broke loose in the middle of the day and everything that wasn't supposed to happen... happened! Topwater bite turned on instantly, Pop-R and stick baits were the lures of choice. I managed to land over 20 bass in a 2 hour span, all except for one being legal sized bass over 12 inches. 27 lbs later on the 5 biggest fish and the biggest stringer of my life on bass fishing.

We fished from 7am-4pm. Very hot in mid July. Northerners would have never made it the entire day. My buddy and I went through 24 waters to stay hydrated! The end of our day made it worth every minute!