guide outing 4/24/09

S

Stinkies Daddy

Yesterday i had the pleasure of taking Don and Michelle fishing! It was their 1st anniversary and they chose to spend the day with me, i was greatly honored! We fished Lake Leatherwood just outside of Eureka Springs, hitting the water bout 6am we were off ot an uneventful start but the action picked up as Michelle landed her first keeper crappie of the day. Don soon followed with 1 that wouldnt quite keep and on went. A few hours into the trip we had several keeper fish in the boat. At this point Don dropped the hammer on a really nice keeper catfish and i thought the stupid reel made by the same guys that i get my rod s from was gonna give out, but it held thank god! at this point they got 1 of the largest hand cut limestone dams in the US built by the WPA program in the 1930's. Comming back up the other side of the lake and we picked up a few more fish. We went back to the launch and had a weewee break and snacks. Their trip was officially over and i thought i like these people i wonder if the wanna go back out and catch some bream? they did! We got back out to the dam and started catching fish and Michelle hooks a big bull and i was shocked to see the size and color it was a really pretty fish! and i'll let Michell post up the pics and tell you the story if they join, sure hope they do! After Michelle caught the big bull a Skinny lil Water Moc swam by the boat and Michelle went on snake watch alert. Upon our departure we all headed to the Anglers Inn and had lunch, very great company, i really like these people and hope they will come back and fish out of my boat again!