How much to carry....

gonefishing7903

New Member's Liason
Staff member
BBM Staff Member
Boat
Javelin Venom 17
Ok I love the 3700 boxes, so much better than the days of giant catch all tackle boxes (for boat fishing, I totally get tackle boxes for co angling or bank fishing). The issue I’m pondering this preseason, as I tinker getting ready for the prespawn, is with my jigs. One 3700 box will hold a ton of jigs, but the heat kills the rubber band collars on them in a season. Once again I opened my box to find all my pb&j skirts have come apart. If you catch them quick enough a small zip tie will secure the skirt permanently, but it just seems like a mess. I use three jig boxes, one for each type: bladed, swim, football and finesse. Now Ive solved the problem with the bladed ones (also spinnerbaits and buzzbaits) buy switching to the silicone skirts with the collar molded in, but there are limited colors available that way. My preferred brand of swim jig (Brovarney Baits) ties their skirts so they aren’t an issue either and I will only be buying there’s in the future. Im thinking of switching to two smaller boxes and just carrying a handful of finesse and football jigs in each and leaving everything else at home. Just got to figure out a good minimum