Loc-R-Bar installation

gonefishing7903

New Member's Liason
Staff member
BBM Staff Member
Boat
Javelin Venom 17
Finally got my Loc-R-Bar installed this afternoon. Installation was pretty straight forward. Basically you line the bar up across the compsrtments that you want to secure. Then using a 1 3/8" hole saw (which I had to find as its not a terribly common size) cut the holes to recieve the mounting plates. I ran my shop vac while doing this to control most of the mess. Then in the case of my boat, I had to trim the bar just a hair as any holes for the lock were about 3/4" out of line. The bar is made from some pretty stout stuff and will provide a really tough barrier to theives. The last step was simply screwing the mounting plates in and it was done. Aside from not having the hole saw on hand instillation tool less than an hour. The lock that came with it slso has a bulit in audio alarm that when armed if someone is moving it in any way like trying to cut it or pick it, it emits a loud alarm similar to a car alarm. Its going to be a very handy piece of equipment to have on overnight fishing trips. 20140524_174627.jpg 20140524_174627.jpg 20140524_165321.jpg