Marks Outdoors Tournament

iceman555

Hey guys! Have any of you ever fished the Marks Lay lake tournament in Birmingham? I have fished it the last couple of years and I really like this tournament! 500 BOATS! Tons of sponsors! Last year some sponsor paid the entry fee for the first 100 parent/child teams! 10-20 pros fish it and have drawings to see who fishes with them.(Timmy Horton, Boyd Duckett, Marty Stone, Gerald Swindle,Alton Jones, and many more)Top ten teams win 1000 bucks each! They give away a fully rigged Bass Boat.And after the weigh-in the Pros stand on stage and throws thousands of dollars worth of tackle(rods, reels, baits) into the crowd hand fulls at a time. My wife caught 200 bucks worth of tackle!
A major portion of the money taken in pays to restock the lake with F-1 hybrid bass. Each boat gets a bag of fingerling's to release the morning of the tournament.They make a DVD of the tourney and mail everyone a copy free! The Friday before the tournament all the Pros hang out at Marks all day so everyone can meet them! All this for 150 bucks a boat! Does it get any better than that?