Kevin

Senior Fisheman
Best Catch
12lbs
Boat
Charger
OutdoorHub
Massive 20-Pound Goldfish Reeled In By Avid Kentucky Angler

A 20-pound goldfish reeled in by an angler in Dansville, Kentucky has sent the internet spiraling recently.

As the story goes, Hunter Anderson was heading home to Dansville with his girlfriend in the car when he decided to make a quick stop after hearing about a local private pond that had “goldfish” or koi fish in it. He said he used a Cashion rod and a few pieces of leftover biscuits as bait, WKYT reports.

Often times, anglers will catch these dazzling fish and get the two species confused. It’s easy to do, however, as they are difficult to distinguish from one another, but one telltale sign is the barbels, which you’ll see on koi fish but not goldfish.

As you can see, it’s tough to tell from that photo but it seems Hunter is confident it’s a goldfish.

What do you say, koi or goldfish? If I had to choose a side, I think I’d go with koi fish, but it’s pretty tough to tell!

If you really want to know, Hunter did mention he released the fish back into the pond.. something to think about..

The post Massive 20-Pound Goldfish Reeled In By Avid Kentucky Angler appeared first on OutdoorHub.

Continue reading...