Motor won't throttle up under load

Fishin4Fun

Fishing4Fun
I went fishing yesterday and this was the first time I was able to get my boat out on the water after a long winter. I only went to a small lake just in case I would have motor problems. I did encounter a problem. I started the engine. It idled fine. I had to pump up the bulb first which I have never had to do before. It fired up right away up and ran (idled) back to the landing. This lake is to small to open it for any length of time. When I went to put the boat on the trailer and I fired it up again and tried to throttle up to get the boat onto the trailer but it just bogged down and quit. It tried it again and the same result. It will rev up in neutral but as soon as I put a load on it that's it. It will just quickly quit. I didn't get a chance to change the spin on fuel filter. Could that be some of the problem? I am worried about the bulb thing. I see now this morning after sitting over night the bulb needs pumping up again. This a 1997 Evinrude Intruder 150. Carburetor engine. Any ideas? :confused: