Need Help with 97 150 Johnson Fast Track

Been pulling my hair out several weekends troubleshooting my my rough idling and hard to start problems. Now that I am almost bald, I need help from experts. I have recently install a water separator/fuel filter from Bass Pro Shops, replaced all the fuel lines to the tank, new primer bulb and new antisiphon connector on top of the fuel tank. I have confirmed there are no air leaks by using a temporary section of clear hose where the fuel enters the fuels filter screen in the engine. I have noticed I need to pump the primer bulb every time I try the start the engine after it has sat for an hour. Since I replaced the anti siphon commector on the fuel tank, I would have thought the priber bulb would had stayed hard most at least most of the day. Checked for leaks and there are none. Also, when I got it cranked in the water today, it would choke down when I tried to put it in gear and speed up. Finnaly got it in gear, let it run slow for a few minutes, then gave it gas ,and it got up an ran. When I got to the landing, it idled rough. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!