New (to me) Tow Vehicle

Ashamed to admit but I have been towing my boat to the launch (about .8 miles) for the last month with my Mazda 3. Yes, I said Mazda 3! I never went over 25 mph but I know it wasn't the right thing to do. My plans all along were to get a cheap tow vehicle but my decision to purchase was expedited the last time I tried to haul my boat out of the water at the ramp, which was wet. My little front wheel drive "eco-car" slid all of over the place and wouldn;t pull the boat out. Thankfully, there was a nice gentleman there with his kids who volunteered to push for me. Normally, the ramp is dry and my car had no problems pulling the boat out, but this time it was at the end of a weekend day and everyone and their mother had pulled their boats out of the water before me leaving the ramp wet.

Needlessly to say I was embarrassed, so I set out to find a cheap tow vehicle in the $2500 range. After a few weeks of searching I found this 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited and paid $2300 for it. This is the limited run (15,000 units made) 5.9l hoss, so it has plenty of power for towing. Got the tow hitch installed yesterday and will be using it for now on.

Attachments