Newbie with first bass boat rebuild

kmv5664

Just bought my first bass boat, a 1988 Stratos 201 Pro with Mariner Magnum II for $12xx.:D Thanks to Robert for awsome deal!

Well, Robert only owned the boat for less than 3 months himself. He bought it off a couple who had it in storage for the past 2 years for a great deal also. While in his possesion, he did a tune up, bought 3 new batteries, new trailer tires, and axle grease. But he decided to sell it to fix up his tractorand he didn't want to invest anymore into it. He said it cranked up a few days ago but couldn't get to turn anymore. No electronics came with it but the mounts were there according to Robert. He cut me a deal so I bought it. Title and registration good til 2015. Man am I glad I was at the right place and time.

Got it home and started cleaning up the boat. I find 4 life jackets, anchor, paddle, rest of seat parts and posts, rod holders, and under a plastic bin in one of the compartments were the electronics hidden.:eek:

I tried to crank it. Nothing. Checked batteries and they were fully charged but there was a switch on the cranking battery that was turn off. Turn it on and the motor turns. Yayyyy!!! but it doesn't start.... So I search on here and DUH!! It was missing the kill switch lanyard. I sent the wife out to Bass Pro for one.

I decided to test the trolling motor and nothing. Still gotta figure it out. It's getting 12v and 24v.

Hot foot = Wow! Never tried one of these before....

Tilt and trim = nothing, have no clue where to start looking.

Old registration came off with Goo Gone, scotch non-scratch pad, and a little elbow grease. Did a quick search....

Dash guages works!

Courtesy lights = dunno yet...

Seats needs to be reupholstered.

still waiting for lanyard......

More to come..........

Attachments