Not a seat belt - Butt....

Dougw

Several years ago I came up with an idea relative to boating safety. The task was: How to secure boaters, both driver and passenger, in the seat when encountering rough water conditions. Seat belts were considered but for oft stated reasons I decided not to go that route.

Issues to solve:
1.) Positive retension system with quick and positive release.
2.) Capable of withstanding harsh marine enviornment without seizing or corroding.
3.) Compact
4.) Adjustable for different sized folks

After much thought and contemplation on this matter I came up with, what I believe is the perfect retention system.

At first glance you may think it just an ordinary trailer hitch ball. But it is much more than that! Once attached it automagically adjust for the varying pucker factors you may encounter thoughout your boating day. Put another way - The scaried you get - the better it holds.

Sizes varying from 1" up to 2 1/2" ensure you can find a size just right for you!

As I stated in the beginning I came up with this idea several years ago. But then I got side tracked when attempting to create a marketable name. ButtLockers and ButtBuddies were the two front runners at the time. But then a divorce and other issues forced me to put this project on the back shelf and eventually it faded away completely.