OK.. here's what I wanna do...

Dougw

I have a 522c Lowrance in the console area. Historicly I've run the transducer wire through the rigging compartment, out the rigging hole and then split it off from the main wires/fuel line etc... down to the engine bracket. Then... drill and tap jack plate and install transducer on the jack plate. I also drill and tap an few extra hole for cable clamps to secure the transducer wire coming up the back of the jack plate. Flash forward...

2009 XS... rigging tube... sealed(well almost) engine pan. I really don't want to run the transducer cable outside the rigging tube but once it's under the cowling the only thing left to do is drill a hole... large hole to get the stinkin' connector on the transducer through it. I will drill that hole if I have to. I've located a rubber PVC gasket or whatev'a you want to call it that will lock into the hole. The id of the PVC gasket is much larger than the transducer cable but I can fill that with silicon or something similar.

Does anyone have a better idea and anybody want to chance a guess or display knowledge on interference coming from the DFI that may cause interferance with the transducer signal with the cable running under the cowling?

OR.... has anyone ever successfully cut/spliced tranducer cable - that would be the best in that there's already a place I could work with and room enough to squeeze another cable in.

Last edited by a moderator: