Older blazer suggestions

Blazer 92

Hello everyone I joined the forum today and wanted to say hi and maybe get some input from you all. I have a 1992 model blazer vlx-150 with a mercury xr4 150 it had a 4 blade prop said 25 pitch and a 10" blazer manual jack plate turned the prop 6000 to 6100 rpms and 63 mph GPS heavy load. Well I hit something busted the small gear case so put a new big gear case ("1.87 to1" if I remember correctly). Then I just rebuilt the motor haven't run it yet but the mechanic said he had to buy 2 different gasket kits to make one in another words previous owner took 2 motors and made one and the gasket he ordered that fit says the gaskets are for a 200. But my questions are what prop to pad measurement would be a good start with this older hull. And since it was turning those rpms with the smaller gear case "higher ratio" what prop and pitch do you think I might should try with this bigger gear case "lower ratio" tempest plus, trophy plus , lazer 2? Thks for you're input hope this hasn't been worn out before sorry for rambling thks.