Pitiful, Pitiful, Pitiful

Nichor02

Senior Fisheman
Boat
Polar Craft
Well, I had my day on the lake for the small mouth war. Went to Pickwick on Thursday. I know that is one, if not the premiere small mouth lake to go to. But that's the first time I've been on that lake in a boat, and man, is that a lot of water. Took a friend and his kid with me. Didn't catch a single fish until after 2 that evening. Caught one largemouth. I was fit to be tied by the time I let those folks out at my house. I wanted to pull up to a tree, and hang that kid on a limb. I was a nervous wreck trying to keep my mouth shut. Chewed the end of my tongue off. I've never had a day of fishing that I was so glad when it was over. Think I need to hook up with somebody that really knows that lake. Way too much water and traffic for me.

So Friday, headed back to Bay Springs. Guess that's going to be Nic's primary lake from now on. Until they let Sardis get some water built up, it's the only place I will be fishing. Caught a nice one, (2 1/2 lbs.) within the first 10 minutes. Didn't really get into them until late in the afternoon. Ended up with 7 in the livewell. Between my brother and I, probably missed 10 to 12. They were smacking it, but wouldn't take it. Sure was a lot better day though. Lake was almost empty of boats. It was great just riding around looking at the different parts of it.

Oh yeah, just for sh*ts and giggles, just wanted to let ya know. I finally got my GPS system set up and working. Very first thing I did was check the speedometer on the boat. She is dead on the money with the GPS. The GPS said 32.1, and the speedometer said 32. Can't ask for anything better than that. And the ol girl ran 67 mph at 5800 rpm's. I'm a happy camper. As I used to say, "We Was Smokin". hehehhe