Power pole worth the cost or not?

egreen024

Is an anchoring system with a tag price of $800 and up really worth it on bass rig? really, I mean, how many times you need to be at anchor while bass fishing. Most of time we running our trolling motors. unless you have two power poles you probably won't be able to keep boat still, this if you fishing in a river or tide waters with some current. For a lot less you could invest in one of those small electric anchors, they low profile and stay scure in front or back of boat, keep one at each end and you can keep boat in any position you want. Think 90% of time you anchor boat you really want to anchor it from the front and not the back, but just my opinion. I rarely use anchors, One time I needed boat anchored I used the weeds themselves (run trolling motor into them and spin it 180 degres while shuting it off at same time weeds wrap themselves around trolling motor)to hold boat in position,waterchestnuts do a great job when it comes to that, to come back loose, just run trolling motor on high and off you go again.