Pro Assassinator

Nichor02

Senior Fisheman
Boat
Polar Craft
This review is on the Secret Weapon Lure Company, "Pro Assassinator". It's used as a Crankbait, Spinnerbait, and a Buzz Bait, all in one. This test is on the 1 oz. size. We at BBM appreciate Secret Weapon Lure Company allowing us the priveledge to do their product reviews and will always be honest and professional with these reviews.
This lure is set up also with the the snap hooks for the lure, so it can be changed from the buzz bait, to the spinnerbait, or for the crankbait. This works fine on this setup for allowing the angler the oppurtunity to change from one lure to the next. The head of the lure has a small spoon designed lip on it. While being a pretty decent crannkbait with this design, it has it's problems when using as a spinnerbait or a buzz bait.
Cranking:
The spoon shaped lip allows this to fished easily as a crankbait. Though it has it's own action when using it this way. It has to be fished slow to allow the action to take place. When sped up, the action is not so good. It does tend to hang up quite a bit when fishing with it this way. Needs to have a strong weed guard for this application.
Spinnerbait:
When using as a spinnerbait, again the spoon designed lip tends to give it problems. It forces the lure to take it's own direction, therefore not allowing the angler to have full control when using it around heavy cover. This makes the lure unreliable as a spinnerbait because you're fighting to keep control of it, instead of looking for fish.
Buzz Bait:
Again, the spoon designed lip causes major problems when running it as a buzz bait. I turned the lip both directions on the wire to see if it made a difference. If you slow roll it, it will work fairly well. But when coming through tree tops, and grass, it won't let you speed up the retrieve at all. Once this is done, the lure again takes off in it's own direction. This is extremely frustrating when trying to keep it in the cover.
Summary:
If you like a very slow worked bait, this lure will work for you. But you will not be able to vary your retrieves using this lure. It works well in the slow roll procedure. But is a major failure with any kind of speed added to it. I personally don't like it for this reason only. I need a lure that I can vary the retrieve on at anytime. And this lure will not allow that to happen. Therefore, in my opinion only, I wouldn't opt to buy this lure. There are too many baits out there that can do what this lure can do, without all the headaches of watching your speed of retrieve.

Thank You,
Randy Nichols