Reef Runner Little Ripper

Nichor02

Senior Fisheman
Boat
Polar Craft
I went to the lake Saturday to do the review on a few products that I've been asked to check out. This "Little Ripper" is one that I tested.
The Little Ripper's design reminds me of the old "Lazy Ikes". The design is a pretty good one, but the weight of the lure is where the problem lies with this product. It is very hard to cast any distance. I was using a medium/light aciton rod, and 12 lb. test line. Should have been able to cast it without any problem. The action of the Little Ripper on a scale of 1 - 10, is about a 6. Meaning that it has a fairly decent action on the retrieve. This lure works better as a jerkbait. When trying to add speed to the retrieve, it does not respond well at all.
Summary: The Little Ripper in my opinion, needs to be a little heavier. It will work better with spinning tackle. I think the product will work fairly well, if the weight on it was changed to allow better control casting. On a scale of 1 - 10 for good products, I give the Little Ripper an overall 6.